7/4/09

One More Day

Time's a wastin',
While I'ma pacin'.
But it's around,
Without a frown.
Cause she smiles,
When I walk that extra mile.

Time's a wastin',
While I'ma erasin'
Work years in the makin',
Without the takin'.
But what's the exchange
When I have so much to change.

Time's a wastin',
While I'ma chasin'
That memory, a dream, a stream
Of happiness, of love, from above.

Time's a wastin',
While I'ma facin'
All this misery, mistrust, and lust;
A life on the cusp that's never enough.

Time's a wastin'
While I'ma lacin'
These boots of mine,
Planning to find some reason or ryhyme
To time and space
And everyone's face.

I'ma wastin',
Watchin' time a racin'.
Old, fray, and gray;
I lay and decay,
Prayin' for just one more day.

2 comments:

Rev. Ran said...

Wow... Interesting, was that the BBQ talking... Time's a wastin'. But are we runnin the race in... a manner in which we want 1st place man???

Crum said...

No BBQ for me that day. But yeah, you may be right. Rev Ran, I love you man. My constant encouragement.